Updated on 26 February 2020
PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES IN RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 (COVID-19) INFECTION
In view of the Ministry of Health's measure concerning the Covid-19 situation in Daegu and Cheongdo, South Korea, the Singapore Canoe Federation will be implementing additional precautionary measures to ensure the health and well-being of all members of the canoeing community.
SCF will implement the following action plans:
1. For Local Competitions
The 2020 Singapore Junior Canoe Sprint Championships, 2020 Inter-Tertiary Canoe Sprint Championships, and 2020 Singapore Kids Kayaking Championships will be postponed until further notice.
2. For National Squad Training at Water Sports Centre
- Athletes attending the national squad training are required to check their temperature before the start of the training.
- Athletes are required to submit the Travel Declaration Form.
- Athletes must sign in before the start of the training.
- Coaches will check whether the athletes are showing respiratory symptoms such as cough and runny nose. Participants who are unwell shall not be permitted to participate in any training.
- Athletes who have travelled to China, Daegu, and Cheongdo in the last 14 days (from 26 February 2020, 2359 hours) before the training shall not be permitted to participate in any training.
3. Kayaking Activities at Paddle Lodge @ MacRitchie Reservoir, Paddle Lodge @ Pandan Reservoir & Kallang Water Sports Centre
- Participants attending kayaking activities such as Personal Skills Star Award course, kayaking orientation programme or public rental are required to check their temperature before the start of the activity.
- Participants are required to submit the Registration Record & Travel Declaration Form before the start of the activity.
- All coaches/ICs of affiliates/organisations/schools must sign in prior to their training/activity.
- All affiliates/organisations/schools are to maintain the list of participants with their names (as reflected in NRIC) and mobile numbers, for tracing purposes if necessary.
- All coaches/ICs of affiliates/organisations/schools are to observe the participant’s physical and/or health status before the start of the activity.
- Participants who are unwell shall not be permitted to participate in any activity.
- Participants who have travelled to China, Daegu, and Cheongdo in the last 14 days (from 26 February 2020, 2359 hours) before the activity shall not be permitted to participate in it.
We can play our part by being socially responsible and practising good personal hygiene habits. Please be vigilant and follow the protocol for precautionary measures as stated above.
More information and updates can be found at https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19.