- SG-Coach Level 1
- Coaching Level 2
SG-Coach Level 1
- To equip beginning coaches with basic theoretical and technical knowledge in canoe sprint so that they are able to coach safely and effectively
- To standardise the canoe sprint technique
- To prepare a new generation of coaches who are eager to learn, improve their craft continuously and share best practices with each other
- 27.5 hours Theory
- 11 hours Pre-reading
- 6 hours practical (3 hours Kayak, 3 hours Canoe)
- 10.5 hours ACA Attachment & competency assessment
- 2 x 1 hour examination
Online Theory: 14 to 23 December 2020
On-Site Practical: 26 to 27 December 2020
- Ordinary/ Associate Affiliate: $400
- Non-Affiliate: $500
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be certified to be medically fit
- Must have a 1-star or an equivalent certification
- Must have competed in at least 2 recognised canoe sprint or marathon competitions (local/overseas)
- If unable to satisfy this criteria, participant will need to pass a skills test to ensure technical ability in sprint canoe/kayak:
-Able to paddle 1km under 5:30min (MK1)/6min (WK1)/6:15min (MC1)/ 6:45min (WC1)
- Must be able to satisfy the following pre-course assessment requirements:
Swimming test: Must be able to swim 200m confidently without assistance in any stroke
- Evidence of valid swimming certification can be accepted
- Pre-course assessment can be conducted at a cost.
- Pre-course assessment will be arranged. The cost for each assessment test is $10 per participant
|To be certified as a SG-Coach Canoe Sprint Level 1 Integrated Coach, participants are required to:
- Attendance must be 90% of the course
- Complete and submit all reflections, quizzes, workbook assignments, micro-coaching assessments provided throughout the course
- Score at least 80% to pass both the SG-Coach Foundational Sports Science as well as Theory Examination (35 out of 50 questions)
- Complete at least 7 x 1.5h of coaching attachment sessions with ActiveSG Canoe Academy (ACA), of which 1 will include the Competency Assessment
- Pass the Competency Assessment based on the continuous assessment throughout the course and a coaching session that the participant will plan, conduct and reflect on in selected craft
Any participant who fail to meet the competency requirements of the course, will be required to:
- Complete another 10 hours of attachment with an appointed coach before attempting another competency assessment
Upon successful completion of the modules 0-12, the participants will:
- Require a valid First-Aid and CPR Certification, be MOE-registered, create a Ge-biz account, before they can coach a school
- Be involved in a community of beginning Canoe Sprint coaches where there will be shared coaching resources, courses, discussions and communities of practice (CoP) managed by coach developer
||Please click here.
Please click here for the procedure.
Please click here for the requirements before proceeding.
Please click here for Online Course Registration.
Registration closes on 10/12/2020.
|Registration Forms and Other Documents:
Please click here for Indemnity Form.
Please click here for Certification of Fitness.
Please click here Parent's Acknowledgement Form.
Coaching Level 2
|To obtain the Level Two Canoe Sprint Coaching (Technical) Certification, participants are required to:
For Canoe Sprint Coaching Certification Accreditation Policy, please click here.
For Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Application Form, please click here.
For more information, please email us at email@example.com.