Looking to challenge yourself with a career switch and think you fit the bill? Join us at the Singapore Canoe Federation!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, available start date and expected salary.
Events & Operations Manager
- Oversee day-to-day management of all operation outlets, ensuring smooth functioning of the operations department.
- Develop, maintain and document standard operating procedures, rules and regulations and internal processes to ensure safety measures and service quality are in places.
- Serve as first point of contact with external agencies related to operations and events matters.
- Maintain inventory of fixed assets, conduct regular check and control.
- Work closely with the High Performance Department to assist them in operational request.
- Responsible of all vessel permit applications and processes.
- Ensure efficiency and customer satisfaction for all public boat rental operation.
- In charge of boat storage services for all operation outlets, ensure billing and collection of all monies and charges.
- Oversee the safety and risk management of all operation outlets.
- Oversee the maintenance of all operation outlets, including coordination of housekeeping, maintenance of the facilities, and other various safety and security matters as required.
2.Events, Programmes and Courses
- Lead the event management for all Singapore Canoe Federation (SCF) events, such as annual national championships. This will include the pre-event preparations and post-event closing activities.
- Facility management and coordination with vendors / suppliers for goods and services where required for events in terms of equipment and facility maintenance.
- Serve as the primary contact between event planning committees, contractors, organizers, sponsors and organization operation to ensure smooth execution of all functions supporting the event activities.
- Supervise and manage all suppliers and contractors working on location. Negotiate terms, execute and administer contracts with facilities vendors for services, in accordance with budget constraints and company policies and procedures.
- Oversee all members of the event department and establish staff schedule, tasks assignment allocation to ensure conformance with department’s objectives and goals.
- Plan and propose event programme rundown and workflows, manage proposal, coordinate and manage the set-up and production of the event on site ensuring the delivery of a high quality event.
- Oversee the safety and risk management of all events.
- Attend to enquires pertaining to events, courses and programmes.
- Oversee and manage all corporate events, courses and programmes.
- Devise and be accountable for the events and operations budgets.
- Develop and monitor budgets to ensure revenue and expenses are kept within established boundaries.
- Prepare expenditure statements against the approved budget for all events and operations.
4.Administrative and Other Matters
- Communicate with all affiliated members and handle all matters relating to member's request.
- Facility Management and coordination with vendors / suppliers for goods and services where required for events or daily business activities in terms of equipment and facility maintenance.
- Coordinate and attend all Exco and MCs meetings, and support various Federation's initiatives.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Educational background and Professional Knowledge Requirements
Preferred a Bachelor’s degree, excellent verbal and written skill
Excellent planning, organisational and budgetary skills and the ability to prioritise appropriately to meet deadlines
Working Experience Requirements
3 - 5 years related experience, preferably in a management position in the outdoor recreation industry or equivalent combination of education and experience
Professional Skills and Other Requirements
- A team player who strives in a challenging and fast moving environment
- Able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks whilst achieving deadlines
- Self-starter, proactive and motivated
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- IT capable and comfortable with PowerPoint / Excel / Word
- Willing to work on some weekends and extended working hours.
- Willing to assist the team and the Federation as needed and when required
- Possess class of Pleasure craft driving licence (PPCDL) and First Aid Course is an added advantage
Please state your expected salary & notice period in your resume.